On 6th July 2011, the fashion award for up-and-coming talents – ‘Designer for Tomorrow by Peek & Cloppenburg’ – enters the next stage. The award’s patron is the New York based fashion designer Marc Jacobs. He and the jury members selected five finalists out of numerous international applications. Those five participants will present their collections to the expert audience on the catwalk of the coming Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin in July.
This year again, the jury consists of top-class personalities of different creative fields:
- Christiane Arp (Editor-in-Chief of Vogue)
- Karen Boros (Collector for the Boros Art Collection)
- John Cloppenburg (Management Board of Peek & Cloppenburg KG Duesseldorf)
- Aliona Doletskaya (Creative Director of Interview Europe, 1997 – 2010 Founding Editor Vogue Russia)
- Amir Kassaei (Chief Creative Officer, DDB Worldwide)
- Melissa Drier (German correspondent for Women’s Wear Daily)
- Marcus Luft (Fashion Director of Gala/Gala Style, Head of Editorial of Gala Men)
- Dr Adelheid Rasche (Senior Curator for Fashion Images, National Museums in Berlin)
- Annette Weber (Editor-in-Chief of InStyle)
- Michael Werner (Editor-in-Chief of TextilWirtschaft)
The winner of this year’s ‘Designer for Tomorrow’ award will expect an individual and ongoing support program as well as the unique opportunity to get his or her own fashion show at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin in January 2012.